Guest Blogging Requirements for the I’m Not Making It Up Blog:
- Well-written and high-quality original article (we all know how Google hates duplicate content) related to our mission of motivating, inspiring and informing that fall within our content strategy. I.e. Relationships, love & marriage, family, lifestyle, social issues/activism, spirituality, philanthropy etc.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of the I’m Not Making It Up blog.
- Short, (1-2 sentence) author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website. Remember, Google frowns upon guest blogging as a link building technique.
- To adhere to Google’s guidelines for guest blogging, articles that are clearly intended as a link building scheme will be rejected. So please be thoughtful about any links you include in articles you submit for consideration.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality and comprehensive (Too vague? Check out ourexisting articles for some guidance.) But, to give you guidance we expect no less than 800 words and not more than 2000.
- Post submitted in HTML or in a Word document or a simple text file, with any image files (including attribution) attached separately
- Submissions must meet the I’m Not Making It Up blogs quality standards in order to get published.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing again), but you’re more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- The I’m Not Making It Up blog editor reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.